Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Week Living the Dream - Part 2

This is a fashion-related part of a larger series of blog posts about 'My Week Living the Dream' - check out Part 1 on my other (media focused) blog 'The Brit Estate'

For those of you who read my other blog, you'll know that the past week has been like a dream for me - full of assignments and interviews that have given me a taster of what a career in journalism could be like. This week I was given a number of fashion events to cover for online magazine, Onya. The adventure continues on...

Wednesday

Today was the first of three events I was assigned by my lovely editor Sandi Seiger at Onya Magazine. The event in question was the opening of a new 'family store' called The Woodsfolk in Hawthorn. It was a lovely evening - the shop looked fantastic, decorated with fairy lights and full of quirky items such as toadstool shaped lamps, pom-pom rugs and wine-bottled shaped candles. My auntie visiting from Canada was my +1 for the evening and together we enjoyed the delicious food on offer (my personal favourite being the homemade chocolate brownies and mini chic tops!). You can check out my full review on Onya Magazine.

I believe they were also visited by the contestants from the latest series of Nine's 'The Block' - which isn't much of a surprise given how lovely their stuff is! Watch out for the show later this year to see them featured.



Keep reading for Parts 3 & 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment