Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Circus Tricks: Film Noir



The other week I was lucky enough to review the National Institute of Circus Arts' show 'One False Move'. Performed entirely by second year students, it was an amazing show featuring flexibility and strength that was almost unbelievable! As it was the opening evening, the invitation requested guests to dress in "film noir" style, a genre that greatly inspired the performance (think chicago gangsters, femme fatales, many gun shots etc). You can check out my review and some amazing pictures at Onya Magazine.

So what did I wear?


 I only realised the evening was themed a few hours before it started, so had a mad search through my wardrobe to pull an outfit together. With the collar of my coat pulled up and a fresh coat of red lipstick, I felt ready to tackle any crime.




Beige coat - H&M
Sequin clutch - Forever New
Black Dress - Boutique in Chadstone (will find name!)
Shoes - Wittner
Faux fur wrap - Sportsgirl
Lipstick - Sportsgirl

It was a fabulous evening with everyone dressed in their finest attire. And if you ever hear of a NICA show - go, I can't recommend it highly enough!

Brittany x

No comments:

Post a Comment