Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Losing my ASOS Virginity...

So the other week I did something that I have never done before, and to be perfectly honest I don't know why it's taken so long. I'm a complete shopaholic, but had never ventured into the world of online shopping. Shock, gasp, horror, travesty, treason - say what you will, but I was just always very concerned about sizing. The idea of having to return an item across the far seas back to the ASOS warehouse should my beloved item not fit just seemed to much to bear.

I am happy to report however, that I have lost my ASOS virginity and it was relatively painless. Yippee.

One of my good friends Jordyn often buys stuff online and finding myself continuously complimenting her on her purchases, I decided it was high time to order some for myself. When I headed over to the ASOS website, I saw they were also promoting a massive sale (up to 70% off). Is that fate or what?

I ended up choosing two items - A dress and a scarf, all for less than $40. How delicious!

Purchase 1: Turquoise/Black knitted scarf

Purchase 2: Cowl Neck Back black dress
Then unfortunately, came the wait. Despite ASOS recommending it would take just over a week, I was filled with naive hope that mine would be the exception - maybe next day delivery? - and eagerly ran to the post box every morning in the hope that there would be my parcel waiting for me. I ended up becoming on first name terms with the postman, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

When I came home from uni exactly one week after ordering, I lifted up the postbox to finally see the sight I had been looking for. A grey parcel addressed to me! I hope i'm not alone in saying that there are few things in life more exciting than getting post. Apart from maybe birthdays, Ryan Gosling and cheesecake. (and of course, providing they're not bills!)

A surprise awaits in my post box..

Arrival of my ASOS parcel calls for a celebratory selfie...obviously.


Feeling caveman like tendencies take over, I was close to ripping open the parcel with my bare teeth. But etiquette restrained me and I opened it up as quickly as I could in a ladylike fashion.

Trying to contain my excitement.

Both items looked exactly as they did on the web, and luckily were the right size. I'll do a styling post of these items (as well as the other new purchases i've mentioned) to show you how I plan to wear them, so stay tuned!

The items...
 Safe to say I think i'm embracing online shopping (maybe a bit too much) with my eyes on a few other things now too. GAH! Poor bank account. What's your favourite online store? Let me know in the comments below. Brit x



No comments:

Post a Comment